Blizzard updated the Mists of Pandaria talent calculators today with a number of significant changes. Because I am now tracking multiple layers of change, all abilities will display their full descriptions. Red text will indicate Cataclysm stats that have changed, Blue text will indicate ability changes made in the first talent calculator, while green text will indicate changes since the first MoP talent calculator was released. I won’t track numerical damage changes since on the whole, they more than any ability aspect will be under constant flux.
General Updates (Version 1)
- Spells no longer require reagents.
- Spells with a range of damage values now deal a specific amount of damage.
- Armor spells now have a 3-second cast time and infinite duration, and no longer costs mana.
- Tier 2 and 4 flipped (2=”Ice Barrier”, 4=”defensive/survivability)
- Tier 5 and 6 flipped (5=”fiery/AoE”, 6=”Polymorph”)
- The mana cost of all spells has been significantly reduced, likely to compensate for the separation of intellect and mana.
- Tier 1 and 3 flipped (1=”movement/DPS”, 3=”freezy/CC”)
- “Polymorph” tier moved to tier 5
- “Fiery/AoE” tier removed
- Tier 6 is now the new “bomb” tier
– – –
Though perhaps confusing, I’ve placed the conclusion here because the list of abilities is so incredibly long.While I haven’t taken a look at the other caster classes, my first impression of the new changes is that mages have a lot of mana regen mechanics for a pure DPS class:
Conjure Mana Gem (47)
Cold Snap (60 talent)
Alter Time (87)
The other point I want to address is the new Fingers of Frost:
Fingers of Frost (Passive)
Gives your offensive Chill effects a 20% chance to Your Freezing effects that fail due to target immunity instead grant you the Fingers of Frost effect. Fingers of Frost causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze spell to act as if your target were frozen and increases Ice Lance damage by 25%. Fingers of Frost can accumulate up to 2 charges and lasts 15 sec.
The new proc happens when we fail to freeze a target, meaning that without the Improved Cone of Cold, Shattered Barrier, or Improved Freeze talents, we have two means of triggering this ability on bosses: Frost Nova and Ring of Frost/Ice Ward/Frostjaw.
Frost Nova is dangerous, since we’d have to get in melee range to hit the boss. Ring of Frost can trigger Fingers of Frost from range, but requires that we target an area and has a longish cooldown. Ice Ward is a possible candidate: targeting the tank creates no risk for the mage, but again requires us to switch targets. Frostjaw has the best synergy with Fingers of Frost. At 20 seconds, it has the shortest cooldown of the three and doesn’t require us to switch targets from the boss.
I believe Fingers of Frost will be redesigned – at present, Frostjaw will clearly become the “cookie cutter” option, transforming our rotation into 20 seconds of Frostbolt spam followed by Frostjaw and two Ice Lances with Brain Freeze procs as they occur.
During Bloodlust, our burst combo will be
Frostjaw->Trinkets/potions->Alter Time->Ice Lance (x2)->Frostbolt filler->(rewind)->Ice Lance (x2)
For those mages with little regard for their own safety, this combo will be extended to
Frostjaw->Trinkets/potions->Alter Time->Ice Lance (x2)->Frost Nova->Ice Lance (x2)->Frostbolt filler->(rewind)->Ice Lance (x2)->Frost Nova->Ice Lance (x2)
If a Brain Freeze proc occurs near the beginning of Bloodlust, savvy mages will save it until Alter Time in order to duplicate it. This may read a bit confusingly, but it is indeed a sequential formula. We are by no means in a bad situation: Blizzard has tons of time to give our abilities another pass, not to mention glyphs which will undoubtedly receive massive changes (e.g. class buffs no longer cost severe amounts of mana, utility spells no longer cost reagents). The best course of action is for each mage to study the new talent iterations and voice their concerns. The devs are listening – just look at how many new abilities we’ve gotten since Blizzcon!
– – –
The flow of abilities hasn’t changed much. Outland and Northrend have taken a few hits, but we’ve gained ground through the return of Arcane Brilliance (58) and Flamestrike (70), as well as the replacement of the Slow/Dragon’s Breath/Blast Wave talent tier (the first two are now a spec set along with Fingers of Frost) with the Bomb tier: like Flame Orb, Living Bomb will have three flavors in Mists of Pandaria through the talent system. A few abilities have been doubled up, resulting in the new gaps depicted above.
- Level 1: Frostfire Bolt
- Frostfire Bolt (2.5 sec cast,
9%2% of base mana, 40 yd range) Launches a bolt of frostfire at the enemy, causing 1194 Frostfire damage and slowing the target by 40% for 9 seconds. This spell will be checked against the lower of the target’s Frost and Fire resists.
- The resist check clause has been eliminated, probably because Frostfire is no longer unique as a dual-school spell, so the clarification is no longer necessary.
- Level 3: Frost Nova
- Frost Nova (Instant cast,
7%2% of base mana, 25 sec cooldown) Blasts enemies near the caster for 486 Frost damage and freezes them in place for up to 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
- Level 5: Fire Blast
- Fire Blast (Instant cast,
21%3% of base mana, 2030 yd range, 8 sec cooldown) Blasts the enemy for 1263 Fire damage.
- Integrates the range bonus of Improved Fire Blast (rank 2)
- Level 7: Blink
- Blink (Instant cast,
12%2% of base mana, 15 sec cooldown) Teleports the caster 20 yards forward, unless something is in the way. Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds.
- Level 8: Counterspell
- Counterspell (Instant cast,
9%2% of base mana, 40 yd range, 24 sec cooldown) Counters the enemy’s spellcast, preenting any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 7 sec.
- Level 9: Evocation
- Evocation (Channeled,
42 min cooldown) Gain 15% of your mana instantly and another 45% of your total mana over 6 sec.
- Integrates the cooldown reduction of Arcane Flows (rank 2)
- Level 10: Arcane Blast/Fireball/Frostbolt
- Arcane Blast (2 sec cast,
5%1% of base mana, 40 yd range) Blasts the target with energy, dealing 1346 to YArcane damage. Each time you cast Arcane Blast, the damage done by Arcane Blast and Arcane Explosionall your Arcane spells is increased by 10%20%, Arcane Blast casting time is reduced by 0.1 sec,and Arcane Blast mana cost is increased by 150%. Effect stacks up to 4 times and lasts 6 sec or until any Arcane damage spell except Arcane Blast or Arcane Explosion is castuntil you cast Arcane Barrage.
- Fireball (
2.51.5 sec cast, 9%2% of base mana, 40 yd range) Hurls a fiery ball that causes 1372 to YFire damage.
- Frostbolt (
21.5 sec cast, 13%2% of base mana, 35 yd range) Launches a bolt of frost at the enemy, causing 1118 to YFrost damage and slowing movement speed by 40%50% for 9 sec.
- Level 12: Arcane Barrage/Pyroblast/Summon Water Elemental.
- Arcane Barrage (Instant cast,
11%1% of base mana, 40 yd range, 43 sec cooldown) Launches bolts of arcane energy at the enemy target, causing 1011 to YArcane damage.
!(3.5 sec cast, 17%3% of base mana, 40 yd range) Hurls an immense fiery boulder that causes 1920 to YFire damage and an additional 1064 Fire damage over 12 sec. Your direct damage critical strikes have a chance to make your next Pyroblast instant cast and cost no mana.
- Hot Streak has been integrated to an unknown capacity. The chance to proc is not listed, nor is the duration of the effect.
- Summon Water Elemental (Instant cast,
16%3% of base mana, 3 min cooldown) Summon a Water Elemental to fight for the caster.
- Level 14: Polymorph
- Polymorph (1.7 sec cast,
7%2% of base mana, 35 yd range) Transforms the enemy into a sheep, forcing it to wander around for up to 50 sec. While wandering, the sheep cannot attack or cast spells but will regenerate very quickly. Any damage will transform the target back into its normal form. Only one target can be polymorphed at a time. Only works on Beasts, Humanoids, and Critters.
- Level 15: Ring of Frost/Ice Ward/Frostjaw Presence of Mind/Scorch/Ice Flows (from 45)
- Presence of Mind (
21.25 min cooldown): When activated, your next Mage spell with a casting time less than 10 sec becomes an instant cast spell.
- Blizzcon: Originally had a 1.5 min cooldown
- Integrates and surpasses the cooldown reduction of Arcane Flows (rank 2).
- Scorch (1.5 sec cast,
8%1% of base mana, 40 yd range): Scorch the enemy for 927 Fire damage. Can be cast while moving.
- Arcane Ice Flows (1.25 min cooldown): Invoke the flow of Arcane magic, allowing Allows the next two non-instant Mage spells cast within 8 sec to be cast while moving. The spell may be cast while a cast time spell is in progress.
- Blizzcon: originally had a 45-second cooldown, no duration, and was not specified as castable while a cast time spell is in progress.
- Level 17: Shatter (Passive)/Teleport: X
- Shatter (Passive): Multiplies the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 3, and increases the damage done by Frostbolt against frozen targets by 20%.
- Equal to the current Shatter (rank 2)
- Teleport: X (10 sec cast,
8%3% of base mana, requires Rune of Teleportation) Teleports the caster to X.
- Teleport: Theramore is currently listed as a level 17 ability, but between the upcoming attack on Theramore and the unfinished state of the calculator, this seems like a mistake.
- Level 18: Cone of Cold
- Cone of Cold (Instant cast,
25%4% of base mana, 10 sec cooldown) Targets in a cone in front of the caster take 932 to YFrost damage and are slowed by 60% for 86 sec.
- Level 20: Apprentice Riding
- Level 22: Arcane Explosion
- Arcane Explosion (Instant cast,
15%3% of base mana) Causes an explosion of arcane magic around the caster, causing 426 to YArcane damage to all targets within 10 yards.
- Level 24: Improved Blink (Passive)
- Improved Blink (Passive): Increases your speed by 70% for 3 sec after casting the Blink spell.
- Equal to the current Improved Blink (rank 2)
- Level 25: Glyphs
- Level 26: Ice Block
- Ice Block (Instant cast, 15 mana, 5 min cooldown) You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec, but during that time you cannot attack, move, or cast spells. Also causes Hypothermia, preventing you from recasting Ice Block for 30 sec.
- Level 28: Ice Lance
- Ice Lance (Instant cast,
6%1% of base mana, 3035 yd range) Deals 531 to YFrost damage to an enemy target, damage doubled against frozen targets.
- Integrates the range of Ice Shards (rank 2)
- Level 29: Remove Curse
- Remove Curse (Instant cast,
8%2% of base mana, 40 yd range) Removes 1 Curse from a friendly target.
- Level 30: Mana Shield/Blazing Speed/Ice Barrier
- Mana Shield (Instant cast, 12 sec cooldown) Absorbs 1801 damage, draining mana instead. Drains 1.0 mana per damage absorbed. When your mana shield is destroyed, all enemies within 6 yards are knocked back 12 yards. Lasts 1 min.
- Integrates the knockback of Incanter’s Absorption (ranks 1/2)
- Blazing Speed (
No cooldown1 min cooldown) Gives you a 5/10% chance when hit by a melee or ranged attack toSuppresses movement impairing effects and increases your movement speed by 50% for 84 sec. May only be activated after being affected by a movement impairing effect.
- Ice Barrier (
3020 sec cooldown) Instantly shields you, absorbing 9123 damage. Lasts 1 min. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be delayed by damage.
- Blizzcon: 30-second cooldown
- Level 32: Slow Fall
- Slow Fall (Instant cast,
6%1% of base mana, 40 yd range, requires Light Feather) Slows friendly party or raid target’s falling speed for 30 sec.
- Level 34: Frost Armor
- Frost Armor (
Instant3 sec cast, 0%3% of base mana) Reduces physical damage taken by 15%.If an enemy strikes the caster, they may havetheir movement is slowed by 30% and the time between their attacks increased by 20% for 5 sec. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.
- No longer reduces physical damage taken, but the movement and attack slow is now guaranteed.
- Level 36: Burning Soul (Passive)
- Burning Soul (Passive) Reduces the casting time lost from taking damaging attacks by 70%
- Equal to the current Burning Soul (rank 2)
- Level 38: Conjure Refreshment
- Conjure Refreshment (3 sec cast,
40%3% of base mana) Conjures mana food providing the mage and his/her allies with something to eat. Conjured items disappear if logged out for more than 15 minutes.
- Level 40: Journeyman Riding
- Level 42: Portal: X
- Portal: X (10 sec cast,
18%4% of base mana, 10 yd range, 1 min cooldown, requires Rune of Portals) Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to X.
- Portal: Theramore is currently listed as a level 42 ability, but between the upcoming attack on Theramore and the unfinished state of the calculator, this seems like a mistake.
- Level 43: Improved Counterspell (Passive)
- Improved Counterspell (Passive) Your Counterspell also silences the target for 4 sec.
- Equal to the current Improved Counterspell (rank 2)
- Level 45: Presence of Mind/Scorch/Arcane Flows Ring of Frost/Ice Ward/Frostjaw (from 15)
- Ring of Frost (Instant cast,
7%2% of base mana, 30 yd range, 21 min cooldown): Summons a Ring of Frost, taking 32.50 seconds to coalesce. Enemies entering the fully-formed ring will become frozen for 10 sec. Lasts 12 sec. 10 yd radius.
- Blizzcon: 2 second coalesce time
Cone of ColdIce Ward (Instant cast, 1% of base mana, 40 yd range, 20 sec cooldown): When an enemy strikes the target, all enemies within 10 yds will be frozen in place for 5 sec. 1 charge. Lasts 30 seconds.
- Frostjaw (1.5 sec cast, 1% base mana, 30 yd range, 20 sec cooldown): Silences and freezes the target in place for 8 sec. Lasts half as long versus Player targets.
- Level 47: Mirror Image + Conjure Mana Gem (From 68)
- Mirror Image (Instant cast,
10%2% of base mana, 3 min cooldown) Creates 3 copies of the caster nearby, which cast spells and attack the mage’s enemies. Lasts 30 sec.
- Conjure Mana Gem (3 sec cast,
75%18% of base mana) Conjures a mana gem that can be used to instantly restore 46717 to Ymana.
- Level 49: Living Bomb.
- Level 50: Wizardry (?) + Glyphs
- Wizardry is not listed in the current calculator, but both Priests and Warlocks retain their bonuses, unchanged, and earn them at level 50.
- Level 52: Blizzard + Teleport: Secondary + Portal: Secondary
- Blizzard (Channeled,
74%30% 5% of base mana, 35 yd range) Ice shards pelt the target area doing 4848 Frost damage over 8 sec.
- Teleport: Secondary (10 sec cast,
8%3% of base mana, requires Rune of Teleportation) Teleports the caster to Secondary.
- Portal: X (10 sec cast,
18%4% of base mana, 10 yd range, 1 min cooldown, requires Rune of Portals) Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to X.
- Level 54: Arcane Missiles/Inferno Blast/Brain Freeze (Passive).
- Arcane Missiles (Channeled, 40 yd range) Launches
threefive waves of Arcane Missiles at the enemy over 22.50 sec, causing 337 Arcane damage per wave. Each offensive spell you cast has a 40% chance to activate Arcane Missiles.
- Integrated the Improved Arcane Missiles and Missile Barrage talents, firing 5 waves over 2.50 seconds
- Arcane Missiles appears to no longer have a chance to be triggered by other spells. The lack of a cooldown indicates that it can be chain-cast, and the lack of a mana cost indicates that it will fill the role of a mana conservation tool.
- Inferno Blast (Instant cast, 3% base mana, 30 yd range, 8 sec cooldown): Blasts the enemy for 1202 1263 Fire damage and spreads any Fire damage over time effects to nearby enemy targets within 12 yards. Your other damage spells have a 10% chance to cause your next Fire Blast to stun the target for 2 sec. Replaces Fire Blast.
- Integrates Impact (rank 2)
- Brain Freeze (Passive):
Your spells no longer trigger Arcane Missiles. Instead, your Frost damage spells with chilling effectsYour direct damage spells have a 15% chance to cause your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt spell to be instant cast and cost no mana. When Frostfire Bolt is instant, it can benefit from Fingers of Frost. Brain Freeze cannot be triggered by Frostfire Bolt.
- Equal to Brain Freeze (rank 3)
- No longer triggered by Frost damage with chilling effects, but by direct damage. Frostfire Bolt can now trigger Brain Freeze.
- Level 56: Invisibility
- Invisibility (Instant cast,
16%3% of base mana, 35 min cooldown) Fades the caster to invisibility over 3 sec, reducing threat each second. The effect is cancelled if you perform any actions. Lasts 20 sec.
- Level 58: Mage Armor Arcane Brilliance (New in Mists)
- Arcane Brilliance (Instant cast,
26%4% of base mana, 30 yd range) Infuses all party and raid members with brilliance, increasing their maximum mana by 2126 andspell power by 6% for 1 hour. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
- Level 60: Greater Invisibility/Cauterize/Cold Snap + Expert Riding
- Greater Invisibility () Instantly makes the caster invisible, reducing all threat and removing two damage over time effects. The effect is cancelled if you perform any actions. Lasts 20 sec. Replaces the Invisibility spell.
- Blizzcon: 3 min cooldown.
- Integrates the fade reduction of Prismatic Cloak (rank 3)
- May inherit Invisibility’s cooldown and cost
- Cauterize (Passive) An attack which would otherwise kill you will instead bring you to 60% 50% of your maximum health. However, Movement slowing effects are suppressed, but you will burn for 10% of your maximum health every 1.50 sec for the next 6 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every two minutes.
- Blizzcon: Internal cooldown of 1 minute
- Cold Snap (
85 min cooldown): When activated, this spell finishes the cooldown of your Ice Block, Frost Nova, and Water Elemental spells. Instantly restores 10% of your mana.
- Blizzcon: 8 min cooldown
- Integrates and exceeds the cooldown reduction of Ice Floes (rank 3)
- Level 62: Arcane Power/Combustion/Icy Veins + Teleport: Shattrath
- Arcane Power (Instant cast,
21.5 min cooldown) When activated, you deal 20% more spell damage and damaging spells cost 10% more mana to be cast. This effect lasts 15 sec.
- Combustion (Instant cast,
0%1% of base mana, 40 yd range, 2 min45 sec cooldown) Combines your damaging periodic Fire effects on an enemy target but does not consume them,Instantly deals 1263 to YFire damage and creating a new periodic effect that lasts 10 sec and deals damage per time equal to the sum of the combined effects.burns the target for additional damage over 10 sec. The additional damage is based on the Fire damage effects already on the target.
- The DoT effect is “based on the Fire damage effects already on the target” but it is unknown whether it combines the existing effects at the current 100% rate.
- Icy Veins (Instant cast,
3% of base mana,3 min cooldown) Hastens your spellcasting, increasing spell casting speed by 20% and reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting by 100%. Lasts 20 sec.
- Teleport: Shattrath (10 sec cast,
8%3% of base mana, requires Rune of Teleportation) Teleports the caster to Shattrath
- Level 64: Spellsteal
- Spellsteal (Instant cast,
40%7% of base mana, 40 yd range) Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min.
- Level 66: Mage Armor (from 58) + Deep Freeze + Portal: Shattrath
- Mage Armor (Instant 3 sec cast,
0%3% of base mana) Increases your resistance to all magic by 44 and causes you to regenerate 3% of your maximum mana every 5 sec. In addition,The duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 35%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.
- Mage Armor no longer increases resistances or mana regeneration.
- Deep Freeze (Instant cast,
9%2% of base mana, 35 yd range, 30 sec cooldown) Stuns the target for 5 sec. Only usable on Frozen targets. Deals X damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns.
- Deep Freeze no longer damages targets permanently immune to stuns
- Portal: Shattrath (10 sec cast,
18%4% of base mana, 10 yd range, 1 min cooldown, requires Rune of Portals) Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to Shattrath. Level 68: Conjure Mana Gem
- Level 70: Flamestrike (New in Mists)+ Artisan Riding
- Flamestrike (
02 sec cast, 30%6% of base mana, 40 yd range, 012 sec cooldown) Calls down a pillar of fire, burning all enemies within the area for 731 to YFire damage and an additional 484 Fire damage over 8 sec while also slowing the targets by 70% for 3 sec
- Integrates the slow effect of Blast Wave
- Level 71: Teleport: Dalaran
- Teleport: Dalaran (10 sec cast,
8%3% of base mana, requires Rune of Teleportation) Teleports the caster to Dalaran
- Level 72: Ritual of Refreshment
- Ritual of Refreshment (Channeled,
27%5% of base mana, 5 min cooldown, requires Arcane Powder (2)) Begins a ritual that creates a refreshment table. Raid members can click the table to acquire Conjured mana food. The tables last for 3 min or 50 charges. Requires the caster and 2 additional party members to complete the ritual. In order to participate, all players must right-click the refreshment portal and not move until the ritual is complete.
- Level 74: Portal: Dalaran
- Portal: Dalaran (10 sec cast,
18%4% of base mana, 10 yd range, 1 min cooldown, requires Rune of Portals) Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to Dalaran.
- Level 75: Blast Wave/Dragon’s Breath/Slow Sickly Polymorph/Heavy Polymorph/Double Polymorph (from 90) + Glyphs
- Sickly Polymorph: Your polymorphed targets regenerate life at 10% of the normal speed.
- Heavy Polymorph: When a target you’ve polymorphed is damaged, that target is stunned for 3 sec. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 10 sec.
- Double Polymorph: You may polymorph an additional target, but your polymorph spell lasts 75% of the normal duration
- Blizzcon: The first target is polymorphed for 100% of the duration while the second target is polymorphed for 50% of the duration.
- These abilities will likely inherit the cast time, cost, and range of Polymorph
- Level 77: Arcane Orb/Flame Orb/Frost Orb Slow/Dragon’s Breath/Fingers of Frost (New)
- Slow (Instant cast,
12%1% of base mana, 35 yd range) Reduces target’s movement speed by 60%50%, increases the time between ranged attacks by 60%30% and increases casting time by 30%15%. Lasts 15 sec. Slow can only affect one target at a time. The Slow spell induces a shorter than normal global cooldown.
- Dragon’s Breath (Instant cast,
7%3% base mana, 20 sec cooldown): Targets in a cone in front of the caster take 1499 to Yfire damage and are disoriented for 4 sec. Any direct damaging attack will revive targets.
- Fingers of Frost (Passive)
Gives your offensive Chill effects a 20% chance toYour Freezing effects that fail due to target immunity instead grant you the Fingers of Frost effect. Fingers of Frost causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze spell to act as if your target were frozen and increases Ice Lance damage by 25%. Fingers of Frost can accumulate up to 2 charges and lasts 15 sec.
- Level 80: Mastery: Mana Adept/Ignite/Frostburn (Passive) + Master Riding
- Mana Adept (Passive) Increases all spell damage done by up to 12%, based on the amount of mana the Mage has unspent. Each point of Mastery increases damage done by up to an additional 1.5%.
- Ignite (Passive)
Your critical strikes from non-periodic Fire damage spellsYour direct damage Fire spells Your Fireball, Inferno Blast, and Pyroblast cause the target to burn for an additional 40%10% of your spell’s damage over 4 sec. Each point of Mastery increases the damage by an additional 5%.
- Frostburn (Passive) All your spells deal 5% increased damage against Frozen targets. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%
- Level 82: Time Warp
- Time Warp (Instant cast,
26%4% of base mana, 5 min cooldown) Warp the flow of time, increasing melee, ranged, and spell casting speed by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become unstuck in time, and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust, Heroism, or Time Warp again for 10 min.
- Level 84: Arcane Orb/Flame Orb/Frost Orb (From 77)
- Arcane Orb (Instant cast, 2% of base mana, 40 yd range, 1 min cooldown) Launches an Arcane Orb forward from the Mage’s position, dealing 302 320 Arcane damage every second to all nearby enemy targets for 15 sec.
- Flame Orb (Instant cast,
6%2% of base mana, 40 yd range, 1 min cooldown) Launches a Flame Orb forward from the Mage’s position, dealing 302 320 Fire damage every second to the closest enemy target for 15 sec and exploding for 1436 at the end of its duration.
- Integrated the explosion effect of Fire Power (rank 3)
- Frost Frozen Orb (Instant cast, 2% of base mana, 40 yd range, 10 sec cooldown): Launches a Frost Frozen Orb forward from the Mage’s position, dealing launching Frostbolts that deal 302 320 Frost damage every second to the closest enemy target to all nearby targets for 15 secs. Targets damaged by the Frost Orb are slowed by 40% for 2 sec.
- Frozen Orb’s duration is longer than its cooldown; this is likely an error
- Equal to the current Frostfire Orb (Rank 2) but without the bonus to Frostfire Bolt’s chill effect.
- Level 85: Teleport: Tol Barad + Portal: Tol Barad
- Teleport: Tol Barad (10 sec cast,
8%3% of base mana, requires Rune of Teleportation) Teleports the caster to Tol Barad.
- Portal: Tol Barad (10 sec cast,
18%4% of base mana, 10 yd range, 1 min cooldown, requires Rune of Portals) Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to Tol Barad.
- Level 86: Molten Armor.
- Molten Armor (
03 sec cast, 0%3% of base mana) Causes 190 Fire damage when hit, increases your spell critical strike chance by 3%, and reduces the chance you are critically hit by 5%.The duration of all harmful Physical effects used against you is reduced by 25%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.
- Level 87: Alter Time
- Alter Time (Instant cast, 1% of base mana, 3 min cooldown): Alter the fabric of time, causing the caster to return to their current location, health, mana, and conditions after 4 sec. Effect negated if the caster dies within the 4 sec before the effect occurs.
- Level 90:
Sickly Polymorph/Heavy Polymorph/Double PolymorphArcane Bomb/Living Bomb/Frost Bomb (from 75)
- Arcane Bomb (Instant cast, 2% of base mana, 40 yd range) Launches an Arcane Bomb instantly dealing 501 damage and dealing 2004 Arcane damage over 12 sec. At any time the Arcane Bomb will jump to another nearby target within 15 yds if a valid target is present. Limit 1 Arcane Bomb.
- Living Bomb (Instant cast,
17%2% of base mana, 40 yd range) The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 2004 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec, the target explodes dealing 629 Fire damage to up to 3 enemies within 10 yards. Limit 3 targets.
- Frost Bomb (Instant cast, 2% of base mana, 40 yd range) Places a Frost Bomb on the target. After 5 sec, the bomb explodes, dealing 501 damage to all targets within 10 yds. All affected targets are slowed by 70% for 4 sec. Limit 1 target.